The 10 best portable record players 2020
2020 is truly turning out to be the year when vinyl record players are making a return. You have retro lovers easily accessing good quality turntables, and modern music fans turning to portable vinyl players.
But if you are new to the genre then the number of options may confuse you. So, if you are asking yourself questions like what is the best sounding portable record player or should you get a Victoria Bluetooth turntable, you have come to the right place!
Below are the top 10 portable record players that you can get from Amazon, and we break down all of their features, pros, and cons.
So, let’s get to it!
- 1 Victrola Retro Record Player with 50s Design
- 2 1byone Wireless Turntable
- 3 Victrola Record Player 8-in-1 Turntable
- 4 Udreamer Vinyl Record Player
- 5 Record Player with Built-in Stereo Speakers and 3-Speed Belt-Drive
- 6 SeeYing Turntable 2-Speed Vinyl Record Player
- 7 Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB-BK
- 8 Crosley CR6231D-GR Sterling Portable Turntable
- 9 Penny Bandora Portable Vinyl Record Player
- 10 Popsky Record Player
Victrola Retro Record Player with 50s Design
- Bluetooth and aux connectivity
- CD player included
- Highly portable
Record player lovers are not just in for the sound quality but also the retro factor, and this Victrola record player serves the right purpose. Its amazing retro look coupled with modern playability factor really makes it a showpiece as much as a great device for music listening. It features the usual three speed system and a set of in-built stereo speakers that are common to most Victrola turntables.
While the usual retro record player you get in the market is a clunky piece of technology, this beautiful piece is as portable as it gets. It connects to any basic power source and even has a small LED screen that gives you a modern tech-induced retro feel. All in all, this is a must-have for all retro lovers!
- Best cheap record player you can get under $100.
- Lightweight, and a perfect mix of the modern and the retro.
- Balanced sound quality.
- No remote control feature.
- Does not work on battery power.
Conclusion: Best retro-looking record player on a budget price.
1byone Wireless Turntable
- High-quality stylus by Audio-Technica
- Mahogany body
- USB connection for MP3 conversion
For professional music aficionados who are looking solely for a high-quality record player, this is definitely your best pick! The solid iron turntable ensures a level of accuracy with the stylus like no other. And the speaker set that comes with it is also some of the best in-line, with a wooden body to ensure you get to hear crisp and clear sound.
If you have been searching for the best vintage record player, then this will serve the purpose perfectly. But you will also be delighted to know that it also supports music playing via Bluetooth. Keep in mind that this is a loud player and should be set up in a spacious room for enjoying in all its glory.
- Advanced stylus and turntable mechanism ensures all-round smooth playing of records.
- Best quality speakers that come free with any record player.
- Less portable than other options.
Conclusion: Highly professional record player and amazing sound quality, but can be costly for casual listeners.
Victrola Record Player 8-in-1 Turntable
- Plays via Bluetooth and aux
- Three speed turntable
- Remote controlled
This is a perfect portable record player for all music lovers because not only you get to hear all your classic records, but this system also supports all forms of music listening. You can connect any device to it via Bluetooth, an aux cable, and even play cassette tapes. If you are looking to invest in an all-in-one system, this Bluetooth turntable is easily your best choice.
Coming to the record player aspect of things, the quality of the turntable is astounding. The sound quality is crisp and the loudness is perfect for any room. But if you want to take this player to a party you can always connect to it an amplified sound system. What is even better is that it comes with a fully functional remote control that allows you to control every aspect of the music. The design itself is also a classic vintage look from the master craftsmen at Victrola.
- MP3 conversion facility is available.
- Budget price under $150.
- In-built stereo speakers.
- This is not a battery-powered record player.
Conclusion: Best all-around deal for both portability and speaker quality.
Udreamer Vinyl Record Player
- Dust cover to protect the turntable
- Supports all record sizes
- USB connectivity for MP3 recording
If you’re looking to join the record player trend but are not likely to be playing records all the time then this is a great deal. The device is extremely budget-friendly, and you can play music from your smartphone on it. The speakers are good quality and provide you with enough loudness for a decent sized room, but if you’re looking to bring this to a party you’ll need to attach more powerful speakers to it.
While this is definitely not a professional turntable, the belt and spring feature ensures that you can play a vinyl record on it without any worry. However, keep in mind that this is not the best piece of equipment for playing vinyl records as overuse can lead to the stylus being damaged. All in all a great piece of equipment to have for the casual music listener, and for its price, it should be considered as a part of the best Bluetooth turntable list.
- Perfect for both decoration and music listening.
- Connect headphones for a personal experience.
- Quality audio output.
- Very few on-device controls.
Conclusion: Best buy for casual listeners and really good pricing.
Record Player with Built-in Stereo Speakers and 3-Speed Belt-Drive
- Supports all types of vinyl records
- Trusted brand
- Rubber padding for absorbing vibrations
This is another great budget-friendly record player to finish off this list, and it is a perfect addition for any type of music listener. It of course features connectivity via Bluetooth, and the speaker is also quite strong. It’s a great portable music listening device and it connects to any basic power source in your home.
The look is also quite sleek and brings together a retro vibe to your room. Use it to listen to your favourite vinyl records or simply stream music from your smartphone, this device is built for total accessibility.
- It has some of the best high-quality inbuilt speakers.
- A lightweight model, perfect for moving around your house.
- The belt drive mechanism allows for the best quality sound.
- Very few on-device buttons or knobs.
Conclusion: Best budget buys for both professional and casual listeners.
SeeYing Turntable 2-Speed Vinyl Record Player
- It has a detachable dust cover
- You can listen to an FM radio through this product
This record player can be linked to an external speaker through the RCA output
The SeeYing Record Player is the ideal combination of vintage style and also the use of modern-day innovation. It has two playing rates of 33 1/3 and 45 RPM, with a well balanced tonearm and belt-driven system. This item enables you to enjoy your favored music on an entire brand-new level. You only need to connect your smart phone, tablet, MP3, or various other devices to this record player via a wireless connection, and start listening to high-grade sound.
- There is a headphone jack in case you want to listen privately
- The removable dust cover is durable
- There is no bass and treble
- The radio works but the record player has very little sound
Conclusion: Good quality for a really low price.
- features a high-torque direct-drive motor for quick start-ups
- USB output that connects directly to your computer
- features such as forward and reverse play, pitch control and 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM speeds.
Audio Technica ATLP 120 offers a fully manual operation with quick start ups and selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds. The USB output connects directly to your computer and includes Mac and PC compatibility with audacity software to digitize your records. The balanced s-shaped tone arm comes with a hydraulic damp lift control and lockable rest. It features a stroboscopic platter with speed indicator forward and reverse operations and variable pitch controls with a cord speed lock. Also the half-inch mount universal head shell comes with a AT95E dual magnet funnel cartridge and long lifetime and stylus. In addition, this turntable has a built-in switchable phono pre amplifier with RCA output cables and USB cables that connect to a computer, audio system or powered speakers. One more advantage is a use of a pop-up stylist target light for smoother cueing in low-light conditions.
- easy to use
- truly versatile turntable
- Rarely it loses connection to speakers via Bluetooth
Conclusion: Highly recommend for beginners.
Crosley CR6231D-GR Sterling Portable Turntable
- Built-in Bluetooth receiver lets you stream your music wirelessly to the Dansette Bermuda’s dynamic full-range speakers.
- Plays 2 speeds – 33 1/3 and 45 RPM records; plays 7″, 10″ & 12″ records.
The first thing you see about this portable record player is the old-school blocky style and also the vintage color pattern. You notice the 4 thin supporting legs, if they remain in usage (they are removable).
When you put on a record, you observe the audio top quality. Obviously, it is not going to compete with a high-end design, but for a device in this rate array, it has some good speakers. In terms of audio speaker top quality, these speakers aren’t half negative, especially when contrasted to the audio speakers you’ll discover on various other designs in this price variety.
Immediately, you’ll be thrilled with the record player’s vintage style and just how it instantly takes the spotlight in any type of space.
The top quality of the case is exceptional, with a lovely wood as well as canvas design. The canvas material looks well created without any noticeable joints.
- Dynamic full range stereo speakers.
- Portable Turntable comes complete with matching stand.
- Belt Driven Turntable mechanism.
- There’s no arm lift or an auto return.
Conclusion: The one-of-a-kind look combined with the great audio, solid building and construction, and also overall quality makes this design a steal for the price.
Penny Bandora Portable Vinyl Record Player
- Portable leather briefcase design
- 3 speeds play (33 1/3, 45 & 78RPM)
- Bluetooth pairings
- Aux-in/headphone jack & RCA output
A wireless, rechargeable speaker record player this is. Fully charged batteries with allow you to playback songs up to 2.5 hours. With bluetooth connectivity, stereo speakers embedded and headphone jack.
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Rechargeable battery (2.5 hours of playback) – Wireless
- Little more plastic than expected
Conclusion: This portable record player sure will please music lovers, DJs, and those who adore vintage design of record players.
Popsky Record Player
- 3-Speed Vintage Style Turntable
- Bluetooth function allow wirelessly play from smart phone and tablet; RCA jack to connect other speaker
Popsky Record Player, portable vinyl record player in old school vintage design, combined
with practical modern features.
2 Built-in Full Range Stereo Speaker help you rediscover the deeper and full tone
of your vintage vinyl, bring back those good old memories that may be special to you.
Stereo RCA Connector RCA jack allow you connect other amplifier
or stereo system to boost the audio performance.
- Removable hinged dust cover protects your vinyl records when not in use
- Auto stop ON/OFF switch allow auto stop when record finish playing.
- Sometimes drive motor slows down while playing the record
Conclusion: Quite low price, good portable record player for personal use or even as a gift for someone who loves vinyl.
Hopefully, by now you have found yourself the best Bluetooth record player that suits your needs! You can either go for a sleek looking USB record player or a vintage Victrola suitcase record player, just make sure you go through the list carefully before making your decision.
Vinyls are clearly the superior way of listening to music. So, it’s time to let go of your CD collection and listen to music the professional way! Make sure you got the right set-up and you’re ready to go.